On this episode of the Learning from Smart People Podcast, Rob Oliver talks to Nancy Giere about how to improve your business through online learning. Nancy shows how online learning is effective for lead generation, employee retention and performance improvement. Her insights into online learning are simple, practical and profound!
Here are a few points to listen for in this conversation between Nancy Giere and Rob Oliver on the Learning from Smart People Podcast:
- The good old days of floppy disks and ASCII images
- The powerful tools that are readily accessible and available today for online training
- The steps of developing an online course
- Why the introduction is the last thing you should write
- The primary question of all educational activities – What transformation will take place during this course?
- The Harrison Ford story
- Structuring your online course to get your learners to where they need to be
- Assessing the platform that you use to host your training
- Using online learning for lead generation
- Nurturing doesn’t just bring you leads, it builds customer relationships
- A quick case study in lead generation
- Looking at the different types of Learning Management Systems
- Different platforms that can be used
- Looking at the differences between the platforms
- Assessing the feasibility of your course concept
- Finding out what your customers actually want
- Properly pricing your online course offering
- Finding add on services to upsell your customers
- Calculating the amount of time it’s going to take you
- The value of repurposing material
You can find out more about Nancy Giere through her website, social media or go old school and call her. Take advantage of her free e-book offer.
Free E-book: https://nancy-giere.newzenler.com/f/easy-steps-to-create-training-that-sells
Here are the names of the various platforms that Nancy mentioned:
Thanks for listening to the Learning from Smart People Podcast!