Angie (with only one name) joined Rob Oliver to talk about how to start and grow your own podcast on the Learning from Smart People Podcast. Originally from Belgium, she now lives in the UK. She is both a podcast host and a mentor to aspiring podcasters. She provides practical strategies as well as affordable suggestions for equipment.
Here are a few of the highlights to listen for in this conversation between Angie and Rob Oliver on the Learning from Smart People Podcast:
· How Angie decided to have her own podcast (and how she named it)
· Everything we go through is an opportunity to expand our knowledge
· The first step to getting guests on your podcast
· Handling the doubts about what you can accomplish
· The concept of over share hangover
· Defining the line for what you are willing to share what you are not willing to share
· Hearing about others struggles creates a relationship
· The power of just being yourself on your podcast
· You know need to be perfect, you just need to start
· Getting the right equipment at the right price
· Knowing how to use the equipment is more important than the equipment
· You may already have some of the equipment
· How many episodes you should record before you start
· Utilizing free software for your podcast
· Remember to record on separate tracks!
· The main filter to consider when you’re thinking of starting a podcast
· You don’t have to be everywhere, choose wisely!
· A few marks of a good podcast host
· Listening is one of the most important tools
· The art of generating new content
· What are people coming to you for? What questions are they asking you?
You can find out more about Angie, her podcast and her services through her website and social media:
Thanks for listening to the Learning from Smart People Podcast! Please Subscribe, leave a comment and follow us on social media:
You can also use the “Contact” page on the “Learning from Smart People” website: