In this episode of the Learning from Smart People Podcast, Wanda Allen talked about how to improve sales through follow-up. Rob Oliver asks her about her background and the conversation from their covers this uncomfortable and feared topic. Wanda Allen says that follow-up is one of the major obstacles to more sales.
Here are a few of the major points from the Rob Oliver’s conversation with Wanda Allen about how to improve sales through follow-up:
· Wanda’s back story of starting as a banker working with Small Business Administration loans
· How her job forced her to create systems
· Her study of the sales process uncovered the importance of follow-up at every stage
· A layoff opened her up to her next career opportunity as a speaker and trainer
· System as a concept can mean the same thing as a “daily routine”
· A customer relationship management software is the heart of the system
· Reminders in your CRM are your call to action
· There are a number of options for CRMs, the important thing is to use it!
· There is a difference between working in your comfort zone and truly being systematized
· It’s okay to have more than one process, just not too many!
· Mindset is key in the follow-up process
· Fear is a huge obstacle to follow-up
· 80% of sales are made between the 5th and 12th contact
· Suggestions for what to include in the “Notes” section of your CRM
· There are multiple ways to stay in touch without being salesy
· Be careful to understand that you do not know what other people are going to think
· Only 10% of people make contact more than 3 times
· 98% of the time, you are going to have to follow-up in order to get the sale!
You can learn more about Wanda Allen, her speaking, coursework and freebies through her links below:
Thanks for listening to the Learning from Smart People Podcast! Please Subscribe, leave a comment and follow us on social media:
You can also use the “Contact” page on the “Learning from Smart People” website: