Erik Barkley from Tugboat Coffee joined the podcast to talk about coffee roasting. Tugboat Coffee is the oldest wholesale only, specialty coffee roaster in the Chicagoland area. We talked about the art of coffee roasting as well as the business side of running a specialized, niche market small business.
Here are several things to listen for:
- The origin of the name Tugboat Coffee
- The difference between light roast and dark roast
- Why coffee beans grown in different areas have different tastes
- The importance of supporting independent coffee roasters
- Tips for running a small B2B business
After my conversation with Erik, I am tempted to give coffee another chance (and I have only had one cup of coffee in the last 25 years!)
To learn more about Tugboat Coffee or to place an order, visit their website. Be sure to follow them on social media as well.
Thanks for listening to the Learning from Smart People Podcast! Please Subscribe, leave a review and follow us on social media:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/LFSPPodcast
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/LFSPPodcast
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/LFSPPodcast
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/lfsppodcast/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbWV_LuUad7ZWuE9j5D9v-w
You can also use the “Contact” page on the “Learning from Smart People” website: https://www.learningfromsmartpeople.com/