Listen to a behavioral developmental pediatrician’s perspective on healthcare from Heidi Feldman as she joins Rob Oliver on the Perspectives on Healthcare Podcast. Heidi is a professor of pediatric medicine at Stanford University in California. She is a member of the Baby Boomer generation and is also a practicing clinician.
Here are 3 things that stood out as Heidi Feldman gave us a behavioral developmental pediatrician’s perspective on healthcare:
· Quality healthcare starts with a practitioner that respects, almost reveres, the individual that they are serving
· There are three components of quality healthcare
1. Recognition of the scientific basis of healthcare
2. Treating people with compassion and respect
3. The patient or family is invited to be part of the process
· The nature of medicine has changed. The system is designed for treating acute issues and must evolve to deal with more and more patients with long-term conditions.
You can learn more about Heidi Feldman through the links below:
To connect with the show on social media use the links below:
We would love to hear from you. Visit the “Contact Us” form:
Look around the website for more Perspectives on Healthcare.
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed by guests on the Perspectives on Healthcare Podcast are solely the opinion of the guest. They are not to be misconstrued as medical diagnoses or medical advice. Please consult with a licensed medical professional before attempting any of the treatments suggested.